One in Nine: A toolbox building workshop for coaches, instructors and volunteers
Calling all coaches, instructors, and volunteers!!!
Are you familiar with the “Surprise” participant? The child who struggles to join in or follow along? Would you like to have a bigger toolbox of strategies and facilitation techniques to help engage that hard to engage child?
One in Nine children in Ontario have an identified special need, and they want to participate in your programs too!
One in Nine is a practical toolbox building workshop to help you develop strategies for supporting children who struggle to participate in community recreation programs. You will learn about:
- Rapport and relationship building tips to engage the hard to engage child
- Facilitation techniques to help all children understand and follow instructions
- Strategies to help transitions go smoothly
- Approaches to support positive communication with parents and caregivers
- Safe ways to prompt and assist in our “no touch” society
- Engaging and supporting volunteers
When: Saturday, November 24th from 9am to 1pm
Where: KidsAbility Centre for Child Development, 500 Hallmark Dr. Waterloo
To register: https://bit.ly/2DcZrQk
Hosted by the KW Sports Council, Accessible Sport Committee